Not so long ago, the quest was a new name in the industry, no one knew them and even though they didn’t (and still don’t) have any vegetarian options, they kept gaining popularity and now they are literally everywhere. From airports to gas stations, places where you wouldn’t normally find protein bars.
But why? Why this sudden infatuation with quest bars? What is so special about them?
Let’s start with quest bars ingredients:
• The first and foremost ingredient is, of course, Protein in a protein blend (whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate), which is obtained as a by-product from the cheese-making process. It is almost pure protein.
• natural flavors,
• sea salt
• Lo Han Guo (it is sort of a herb from southern China and Northern Thailand).
Are quest bars healthy?
As healthy as a protein bar can be. They are low carb, gluten-free nutrition bars. All the processed goodness you can hope for.
Of course, they still cannot be compared to a good old fashioned home cooked meal or fresh veggies and fruits, but if you’re on the go and need something to help streamline your diet then look no further.
Is soluble corn fiber good for you?
Yup. They are low in sugar while maintaining a high dietary fiber content.
Why are they good?
• Now I know I’m probably alone in this, but the main reason why I love quest bars is because of their flavors. Almost every other brand has one or two flavors that are edible and actually don’t taste like raw proteins, but Quest has over 20 flavors that are all over the spectrum, from chocolate cookie dough to peanut butter and jelly and everything in-between, there is something in there for everyone.
• You don’t have to stick with 1 or 2 flavors, try new ones, chances are you’ll love them as well.
• Each flavor then gets even better depending on the temperature, some taste heavenly when frozen, while other when heated up, but even at normal room temperatures, they are great.
• They use high-quality ingredients in their bars and it shows from the taste, it not only tastes good but is actually good for your digestion.
• Very high fiber content which doesn’t just sit in your stomach for hours on end and give you stomach aches.
• Healthy fats! Never thought I’d use those two words in the same sentence but quest bars have a lot of nut butter from different nuts depending on the type of bar you’re going for.
• No extra unnecessary additives and filler ingredients. It’s simple and it works.
• Has a whole line of bars that only use natural sweeteners.
Where to buy quest bars?
There is a site called iHerb.com that offers coupon codes to all new customers and because of these quest bar coupons, you can get some really great deals with as much as 30 to 40% off on certain products.